As you are planning your summer holiday vacations, it is important to make sure to stick to your regular Invisalign treatment schedule. Our dental clinic offers these great tips and suggestions to get the most out of Invisalign and still enjoy yourself!
- Schedule an appointment prior to leaving. If you have not been in for a checkup recently, it can be a good idea to come in for a period visit prior to your trip. Your dentist can verify treatment is progressing correctly and make sure you are on the right set of aligners.
- Get an oral care travel pack. Make sure to take along a travel pack with all the necessary oral care essentials including your aligners, aligner storage trays, toothbrush, floss, and toothpaste.
- Take along a small travel case to keep oral care essentials nearby. Since you probably won’t be sitting in your caravan or resort room, you will want to make sure you can brush and floss after meals, snacks and beverages.
- Pack an extra set of aligners. You will want to bring along your previous set of aligners, as well as your next set if you will be gone for more than two weeks. In the event your current set gets damaged, you can use your previous set until you are ready to start you next new set.
- Pack extra aligner storage containers. You will want a few extra empty aligner storage containers easy accessible. This way, if you forget and leave one somewhere – hopefully without your aligners in it – you will have another container available.
- Do not neglect your oral care habits. Part of your Invisalign treatment is remembering to brush and floss as recommended by your dentist and hygienist. We understand you are on vacation and want to have fun and might feel tired after a long day. But remember it only takes about three minutes to brush and floss your teeth before going to bed.
- Enjoy your favorite foods and try new cuisines. The best thing about Invisalign is you don’t have to worry about what foods you eat. If your travels present you with new foods, indulge yourself by sampling local cuisines.
- Take plenty of pictures and have fun! Be sure to take plenty of pictures you of your beautiful smile. Plus, feel free to show us your vacation pictures when you come in for your next period visit.
By planning ahead and using these great travel tips, you won’t have to panic if an accident occurs and your current set of aligners gets damaged or misplaced. Instead, you will be well prepared to enjoy your summer holiday vacation.
Everyone at Kennedy Square Dental hopes you enjoy your summer holiday vacations. For additional information about Invisalign, to find out if Invisalign is right for you, or to schedule a checkup, please feel free to contact us at (905) 789-7339 today! Remember our office is open weekends too!
Tags: Brampton dentist clinics
, Invisalign treatment
, kennedy square dental
, Summer Vacation
, Travel Tips for Invisalign Users